Google makes putting in a brand new Nest Camera lovely easy. You’ll be able to do it in only some mins, and the method is so easy. Particularly now that it’s running during the Google House app as opposed to the Nest app. However here’s a temporary evaluate of the way to get began with putting in and putting in your logo new Nest Cam.
It’s vital to notice that the stairs would possibly fluctuate relying at the digital camera you will have. However, the stairs are most commonly the similar within the Google House and Nest app. Moreover, all long run Nest Cams will paintings throughout the Google House app, and the Nest app will sundown sooner or later.
How To Set Up A Nest Camera
1 Place Camera
Depending on what you want to keep an eye on, and what else is in the field of view, the ideal location for your camera can vary. When selecting a location and vantage point, ask yourself “What’s most important for me to keep an eye on?” You may already have something in mind. Here are a few things to keep in mind when placing your camera:
- If you want to track something specific, like who passes through a certain area of your home, find a way to make that the center piece of your camera’s view.
- To use your camera for security monitoring, it’s a good idea to make sure it can see the points of entry into your property or home like the driveway, doors or first floor windows.
- Place your camera at a height where you can easily see people’s faces, even if they’re wearing a hat.
- When using your camera to watch your kids, make sure the camera and its power cable stay out of reach.
- If you plan on using the Talk and Listen features a lot, put the camera in a spot where you can hear people and they can hear you.
- Think about conditions that might change throughout the day. Such as glare from the sun, or other objects, curtains or shades getting in the way, etc.
Remember, you are responsible for making sure that the way you use your camera complies with the law, including any applicable privacy or data protection laws. For example, depending on where you live, you might need to get consent to have your camera help identify people visiting your home.
2 Plug it In
- Unbox your Nest camera if you have not already done so.
- Using the supplied micro USB cable and power adapter, connect the cable to the camera and charging block and plug it into power. Each end of the cable is sized differently so it is easy to tell which end goes where.
3 Install and Setup Nest App
- Locate and install the Nest app from your mobile device’s app store or marketplace.
- Launch the Nest app.
- Log into an existing Nest account, or tap Sign up if you do not have a Nest account.
- Once logged in, tap the I agree button to accept the Nest app’s Terms of Service.
- Tap Continue to proceed with Home setup.
- Choose a name for your Home and tap Next.
- Fill in all requested information to complete Home setup. Tap Next.
- Proceed through Home Setup with your preferred choice.
- You can also share your Nest device with other people in the house so they can monitor and change settings from their own phone. You can also set this up later.
- After this, your Nest app setup is complete and your device can now be added.
4 Add Device to App
- Open the Nest app.
- Tap the Add button to begin adding a Nest device to the app.
- You will then be presented with a list of Nest devices that can be added to the app. Choose your device from the list provided.
- You now have the opportunity to use your smartphone’s camera to scan your Nest device’s QR code. Alternatively, if you cannot locate your Nest device’s QR code, you can tap Continue without scanning.
- Then enter the 6-digit key that should be on your nest device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Next on the following screen.
- You will be asked to select a location for your camera. Choose a selection that applies to your setup.
- The next page lists multiple warnings, such as not to put the indoor Nest Cam in direct sunlight or in places where the temperature drops below 32F or above 95F. If you want to place it outdoors, buy the outdoor version instead. Tap on Continue to proceed.
- Ensure your Nest Camera is plugged in and physically setup where you’d like for it to be. Select Continue to proceed.
- Your Nest Camera will scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network’s password and select Join.
- Your Nest device will attempt to connect. This process may take a few moments.
- Once connected, you will see an acknowledgement screen.
- After this, you are shown the view of your camera within the app. Tap Done to complete setup.
- The next screen will teach you about Sightline. This is a Nest Cam feature that lets you quickly scroll through hours of footage and go to specific points when activity was detected. Select Done to proceed.
- From here, you’re all set up and you’ll now see a live view of your Nest Camera, as well as a timeline of everything that the Nest Cam has recorded thus far.
- Congratulations! Your Nest device has been added to the Nest app and is ready to use.