The Federal Government has constituted an Advisory Committee of Broad-Based IMT/5G Technology for the unencumber of IMT/5G Spectrum in Pakistan.
The Committee will expand a strategic plan and roadmap for 5G generation in Pakistan with the system of operating teams for 5G Spectrum Management, telecom infrastructure construction, telecom rules assessment together with well being and protection and 5G programs and use circumstances.
ECC Approved Advisory Committee For the Release of 5G Spectrum
The committee will read about and finalise the telecom reforms and incentives to advertise IMT/5G generation ecosystem adoption and be sure that the ones will replicate in Finance invoice 2022-23.
Moreover, the committee will oversee the spectrum public sale carried out via PTA.
The Advisory Committee is composed of the following:
- Federal Minister for Finance & Revenue (Chairman)
- Federal Minister for Information Technology & Telecom (Member)
- Federal Minister for Science & Technology (Member)
- Federal Minister for Industries & Production (Member)
- Advisor to the Prime Minister on Commerce & Investment (Member)
- Secretary Finance Division (Member)
- Secretary IT & Telecom Division (Member)
- Secretary Law & Justice Division (Member)
- Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) (Member)
- Executive Director Frequency Allocation Board (FAB) (Member)
- Representative of GHQ (Member)
- Director General (Tech) – (ISI) (Member)
- Member Telecom, IT & Telecom Division (Committee Secretary)
- Any different member that the committee would possibly want to co-opt
Check Also: Ericsson Sued Apple for Licensing of 5G Patents