Twitter’s shifting to the following degree with its new Professional Profiles choice, with all customers now ready to convert their account to a Professional Profile inside their settings.
???? Now globally to be had for everybody, Professional Accounts are a brand new software on Twitter that permits you to have a novel and obviously outlined presence at the platform.
— Twitter Business (@TwitterBusiness) March 29, 2022
As you’ll see on this series, now, all Twitter customers can cross in the course of the conversion procedure inside their account settings, which then provides you with get entry to to a variety of extra options, like a brand new industry knowledge show, product listings, a publication module (for those who have a Revue publication) and extra.
Twitter first started trying out its Professional Profiles in April remaining 12 months, with decided on manufacturers participating within the preliminary beta program. Twitter then began inviting extra companies to sign-up, prior to opening it to all candidates in September.
Now, you now not want Twitter’s approval to convert your profile, you’ll merely choose to have a Professional Profile or not inside your profile choices.
Though there are some provisos.
In order to qualify for a Professional Account, you want to adhere to those laws.
- You will have to now not have a historical past of again and again violating the Twitter User Agreement
- You will have to have an entire profile with an account title, a bio, and a profile image
- Your original identification will have to be transparent to your profile. Your profile will have to now not characteristic someone else’s identification, emblem, or group, nor does it use a pretend identification supposed to lie to others. Profiles that characteristic animals or fictional characters are ineligible except immediately affiliated together with your emblem or group. Parody and fan accounts are now not eligible for Professional Accounts.
So some fundamental parameters to keep away from impersonation. But barring that, you’re loose to join and check out the brand new listings out.
It might be an effective way to assist maximize engagement with your enterprise, or at least, get a bit of extra achieve and emblem consciousness out of your in-app record.
Seems love it might be value an experiment both means – and you’ll transfer your account again to a non-public profile at any time, when you to find it’s now not operating for you.
To convert your Twitter profile to a Professional Account:
- Go to both your profile settings or swipe open the sidebar when to your Home timeline within the app. If you’re within the sidebar, scroll till you spot the “Twitter for Professionals” tab and make a choice it. If you’re on your profile settings, scroll till you spot “Switch to Professional” and make a choice it
- Once you’ve entered the conversion waft, make a choice “Get Started”
- Select a class on your Professional Account and make a choice “Next”
- Choose both “Business” or “Creator” and make a choice “Next”
- Congratulations! You are now a Professional on Twitter!
You can learn extra about Twitter’s Professional Accounts conversion procedure here.