It would possibly simply be the case that the power to delete video historical past for a safety digital camera, together with the ones made by way of Nest, is as vital as the power to report high quality video within the first position. Not essentially for any nefarious reason why both. More mundane ones, comparable to protective privateness, rushing issues up, fixing connectivity problems, and extra do exist.
That’s to not say the method has been made extremely simple. Google tucked the process for deleting video historical past neatly clear of the UI required to view it. But that’s precisely why this information exists. So if you happen to’re taking a look to transparent up some house or in a different way take away photos stored by way of your Nest cameras or doorbells, this information will level you in the precise course.
Here’s how you’ll delete your video historical past in your Google-built Nest digital camera or video doorbell
It’s price stating right here that this procedure will in fact paintings for all camera-enabled Nest gadgets. So, for instance, it’s going to paintings on Google’s newest battery-powered Nest Doorbell or Cam. Or it’s going to additionally paintings for older units. The UI is successfully the similar around the board, for any tool with related saved video clips.
The steps are simply rather other relying on what platform you employ, with the largest discrepancies present between the Google Home and Nest apps. Google necessarily makes use of each platforms for including Nest cameras to a wise house. Although anyone means can be utilized to trace and use the gadgets themselves. So we’ll be appearing all 3 strategies, together with the Nest app, Nest website online, and Google Home app — which can be utilized on any platform.
Additionally, as of this writing, Nest and Google haven’t supplied some way so that you can delete particular person clips. You can most effective delete the complete video historical past for Nest units.
On your smartphone or laptop by the use of the Google Home app
Now, this actual how-to is exclusive among our vary of guides. Chiefly as a result of this procedure, whilst quite restricted, is reasonably simple. But additionally as it’s principally the similar without reference to whether or not you’re the use of Google Home, Nest, or the Nest on-line interface. Regardless, there are minor variations that would go back and forth you up when it comes to aesthetics. So we’ll quilt every procedure right here. Starting with the Google Home app.
It’s price stating, as neatly, that this app goes to be the one solution to delete photos from the newest, battery-powered cameras. They aren’t supported within the Nest app itself, as of this writing.
- Open the Google Home app
- Near the highest of the UI, make a choice the “Cameras” icon
- Select the digital camera you’d love to delete your video historical past for
- Tap — or click on, on a pc — the gear-shaped settings icon. That’s situated close to the highest right-hand aspect of the UI
- At the ground of the ensuing menu, make a choice the “Delete video historical past” button
- Confirm your variety by way of tapping “Delete” or select “Cancel” to return with out deleting the video historical past
- Repeat those steps for any longer photos you’d wish to delete
Delete your video historical past to your Nest Cameras and Doorbells within the Nest app
- Open up the Nest software in your cellular tool or tablet
- On the house web page of the Nest app, make a choice the digital camera feed you’d love to delete the photos for
- Now, make a choice the gear-shaped Settings icon within the most sensible right-hand nook of the digital camera feed UI to open the digital camera’s Settings menu
- The settings web page here’s a bit longer than within the Google Home app, so that you’ll wish to scroll right down to the very backside of the Settings web page
- Select “Delete video historical past”
- Confirm your choice by way of deciding on “Delete History” or make a choice “Don’t Delete” to cancel the motion and stay your video historical past
- Repeat for another digital camera photos you’d love to delete
…you’ll additionally delete your Nest digital camera video historical past on-line on a pc if you understand how to
- Open up your favourite browser on a desktop laptop, computer, tablet, or good tool.
- Navigate to house.nest.com
- Once signed in, click on or faucet to choose the Nest digital camera you’d love to delete the video historical past for
- Select the gear-shaped icon situated on the most sensible right-hand aspect of the web page
- Choose the “About” possibility from the left-hand sidebar of the ensuing menu
- Select the “Delete video historical past” button
- Confirm your selection by way of deciding on the “Delete historical past” possibility within the ensuing menu or make a choice “Don’t delete” to cancel the motion