So you simply were given your emblem new Galaxy S22 smartphone, and the sound isn’t as nice as you anticipated it to be. Trust me, I do know the sensation. When I first unboxed the Galaxy S22 Ultra to begin my overview, the audio system simply didn’t sound all that spectacular. That’s as a result of Dolby Atmos used to be now not grew to become on. For some reason why, Samsung does have it off through default, and in addition has got rid of the toggle from Quick Settings.
So on this educational, we’re going to display you ways you’ll be able to activate Dolby Atmos in your Galaxy S22 smartphone, in addition to upload the toggle to Quick Settings, so you’ll be able to decide to have it on or off on every occasion you need.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is a actually fantastic function that has been making its manner onto many various units prior to now few years. It used to actually most effective be to be had on soundbars and TVs. But now we’re seeing it on smartphones and tablets too. Mostly from Samsung.
But what precisely is Dolby Atmos? Here’s the definition from Dolby itself:
You will understand a distinction with Dolby Atmos grew to become on, as opposed to it being off. Sound is in most cases so much fuller.
How to activate Dolby Atmos on Galaxy S22
To activate Dolby Atmos, you’ll first need to leap into the Settings app in your Galaxy S22.
Then, you’ll need to faucet on “Sounds and vibrations”.
From there, faucet on “Sound high quality and results” against the ground of the web page.
On this web page, you’re going to see choices for Dolby Atmos appropriate on the most sensible. Now, through default it’s not on, sadly. But you’ll be able to simply hit the toggle and feature it on, always.
- If you faucet at the Dolby Atmos textual content, you’ll be taken to some other menu the place you’ll be able to alternate up the sounds from Dolby Atmos.
- Auto: Optimizes sound robotically for no matter you’re paying attention to.
- Movie: Deliver the most efficient conceivable audio for movies, displays and movies.
- Music: Make all of your song sound richer, fuller and extra balanced.
- Voice: Make voices loud and transparent.
- We’d counsel sticking to the “Auto” possibility, so it really works the most efficient for no matter you’re doing in your phone.
You too can turn the toggle on for “Dolby Atmos for gaming”. It will make a pleasing distinction whilst you’re enjoying other video games too.
How so as to add Dolby Atmos to Quick Settings
By default at the Galaxy S22, the Dolby Atmos Quick Setting tile isn’t there. You’ll want to upload it, so right here’s how you’ll be able to do this.
- Swipe down in your notification panel two times.
- Then faucet at the 3 dots icon within the right-hand nook.
- Next, faucet at the “Edit buttons” button.
- From there, you’ll be able to in finding the Dolby Atmos tile and drag-and-drop it onto your Quick Settings the place you’d need it.
- Once you’re completed, faucet “Done”. And that’s it.
And that’s how you’ll be able to activate, and upload the Dolby Atmos Quick Setting for your Galaxy S22 smartphone.