Android app capacity for Chromebooks and different Chrome OS devices is superb however how, precisely, do you uninstall apps you now not want or need? Many customers would possibly in finding the method to be a little lower than intuitive because the procedure will also be moderately other than on different working methods. However, for many who have used Android prior to it’s in reality slightly simple. Whether or not you’re taking a look to take away an Android app or every other app.
And, extra to the purpose, that’s precisely what this information is right here to speak about.
It’s possible you’ll need to uninstall an app for a complete plethora of causes
Now, there may be a variety of causes to uninstall an Android app for your Chromebook. Or every other app for that topic. The commonest of which is perhaps that you simply don’t use the app anymore. As is the case with our instance apps. However, after all, that’s no longer the one explanation why.
As an example, from time to time, apps which can be constructed for Android merely forestall running on Chromebooks. Microsoft’s contemporary determination to push customers over to its internet apps as a substitute of Android apps at the platform is a first-rate instance. And so is Google’s determination to push Chromebook customers to the internet model of its Stay Notes app.
Conversely, in all probability you’ve put in an app of a few sort, Android or differently, most effective to find it doesn’t paintings for your Chromebook correctly so you wish to have to uninstall it.
Even though, that shouldn’t be the case with just about as many apps as was once. Particularly since Google began locking apps into pill or phone mode. With some person keep watch over over how that works. Many apps at all times seem constantly as they will have to, whole with constant interactions, without reference to whether or not a phone, pill, or Chromebook is used. However no longer all.
Or, after all, your apps will have develop into some extent of rivalry for safety or privateness causes.
Regardless of the explanation why, uninstalling an app on Android couldn’t be any more uncomplicated. It’s in no way dissimilar to the way it works on Android.
Right here’s how one can uninstall Android apps for your Chromebook in a couple of easy steps
As famous above, one of the simplest ways to uninstall Android apps — or others — that you’ve got put in for your Chromebook is modest. It calls for most effective elementary wisdom about navigating the UI and an intuitive step or two that’s very similar to how maximum Android telephones paintings. And this procedure will have to paintings for apps which can be put in that aren’t Android apps as neatly. As an example, for internet or Linux apps.
- Get started by way of opening up the Chrome OS app launcher. The launcher is tucked in the back of the concentric circle icon, positioned by way of default at the lower-left-hand facet of the Chrome OS shelf. Even though that can also be at the top-right or top-left relying on the place you’ve positioned your shelf. Our instance makes use of the default backside place
- Click on or faucet at the up-arrow icon to open the overall launcher drawer and divulge all put in apps
- Navigate to the apps you’d like to take away, anywhere they’re within the launcher. Our instance will take away two apps which can be now not used. For this phase, that’s the internet app model of YouTube. Within the subsequent phase, we’ll take away a banking app we now not want
- Proper-click at the app that must be got rid of. On a Chromebook, that may be completed as of this writing by way of both clicking with two hands or by way of retaining down the ‘alt’ key whilst clicking. Or, on touchscreens, by way of long-pressing at the icon for the app that you simply’d like to take away
- Within the ensuing context menu, faucet or click on at the “uninstall” choice. Please be aware that you’ll be able to’t take away some integral or system-level apps, reminiscent of Chrome. The ones apps are normally required by way of the formula
- Faucet or click on “uninstall” to verify. You may additionally take a look at the “Record abuse” field for apps that experience one in case you have discovered an app violating Google’s abuse insurance policies
You’ll additionally uninstall from the app control display too, for extra choices
In fact, some apps don’t essentially provide within the app launcher. Or, if you happen to’re apprehensive about cupboard space and apps leaving residual knowledge, a easy uninstall would possibly no longer paintings. On the very least, a easy uninstall received’t at all times eliminate all knowledge it’s imaginable to eliminate for each app.
In the ones circumstances and a number of other others, it can be very best to first transparent cache and knowledge on an app after which uninstall it. Thankfully, there’s some way to do this too, without delay from the similar launcher display. Even though this system doesn’t essentially paintings for non-Android apps or instrument put in by the use of Linux.
- Navigate to the app launcher, following the primary two steps above if wanted
- Navigate to the app you’d like to control and uninstall
- Proper-click at the app by the use of a long-press (for touchscreens), two-finger click on, or by way of urgent the ‘alt’ button whilst clicking
- Make a choice the “App data” choice from the ensuing context menu
- To uninstall the Android app in query outright, merely faucet at the uninstall button positioned on the height of the web page close to the app icon and identify label
- To transparent knowledge and cache, faucet or click on at the “Extra settings and permissions” choice
- Faucet or click on at the “Garage & cache” choice — for internet apps, the way to transparent knowledge will already be on the height of the ensuing menu, displayed in Chrome
- First, faucet or click on at the “CLEAR CACHE” button, then at the “CLEAR DATA” button, as soon as the primary procedure is completed
- Faucet or click on at the again arrow, positioned close to the highest of the UI
- To end uninstalling, faucet or click on at the “Uninstall” button to take away the Android app out of your Chromebook